Therapeutic Reflexology improves nerve stimulation and blood circulation in the body and brings the body into balance and restores health by applying pressure or massage on the reflex points in the hands and feet. Therapeutic Reflexology is different from other reflexology as it works to specifically treat and normalise body systems to improve health and manage pain.
Benefits of Therapeutic Reflexology
- Improve circulation throughout the body
- Reduce levels of stress
- Have normal body functions
Therapeutic Reflexology can be used to treat many conditions including:
- Fertility problems
- Problems occurring during and post pregnancy
- General stress
- Traumas and intensive care unit (ICU) conditions
- End-of-life care
- Childhood developmental and emotional problems, and childhood illnesses
- Autoimmune conditions
- Digestive problems
- Pain management (i.e. back pain, headaches, migraines, sports injuries, etc.)
- Emotional disturbances (i.e. depression, anxiety, etc.)
What to expect
- Your initial consultation will take around 1 hour 30 minutes.
- We begin by looking at your medical history and undertaking a lifestyle and dietary assessment.
- We also look at your emotional state so we can reduce your stress levels.
- We end the session with a therapeutic reflexology treatment.
- All subsequent sessions are 1 hour.
- Health protocols will be given according to clients’ requirements
It is not completely clear where therapeutic reflexology started but its roots can be traced as far back as the ancient Egyptians and Chinese. The vast majority of illnesses today can be attributed to stress. Stress causes restriction in the body, impeding blood supply and nerve impulse to the organs. Due to this poor circulation the body is not able to remove toxic build-up around the tissue. These toxins flood the surrounding tissues causing you to become ill. By massaging the nerve endings, therapeutic reflexology stimulates the nerves sending messages to the brain. The brain either responds by sending a stimulating message to the organ (if the organ is under active), or a calming message to the organ (if the organ is overactive). Blood circulation around the organ is also improved which allows for the drainage of toxins and the renewal of damaged cells. Energy levels increase and you start to feel healthy again.