Physical or emotional conditions may be helped with Aromatherapy. It is a gentle and relaxing way to ease your wellbeing and promote healing your body.
Benefits of aromatherapy include:
Aromatherapy may help with symptoms associated with physical conditions such as:
- Skin conditions
- Digestive problems
- Circulatory problems
- High blood pressure
- Hormonal problems and infertility
- Nerve pain, inflammation and headaches
- Respiratory problems
Aromatherapy may also be beneficial in promoting emotional wellbeing, for example easing:
- Mental stress and anxiety
- Memory and concentration
- Feelings of depression
- Bringing about feelings of calmness and peace in your body
- Energy levels
- Self-awareness, self-esteem and self-image
- Different types of fear that you may experience
Aromatherapy works on two principles:
- The oils are extremely volatile – they can be vaporised or inhaled. They are easily absorbed through the nose. The nasal cavity or the inside of your nose is extremely vascular, meaning that it has a lot of blood vessels, so the oils are immediately absorbed into your blood stream positively affecting your organs quickly.
- When massaged onto the skin, the body’s vascular system is stimulated, and the oils are absorbed into the blood stream where they affect the central nervous system and either relax or stimulate organ function. The parasympathetic nervous system is activated enables the body to relax.
What to expect in a session….
The first treatment will be 1 hour 30 min where a full medical history and lifestyle assessment will be done. Subsequent appointments will be 1 hour. An individual oil will be blended to suit your needs.